The House in Detail
- One open-plan south-facing living space accessed by staircase, with French doors onto large elevated deck with low-level lighting. Picture windows on two aspects. Compact modern kitchen (Corian worktops, halogen hob, combi oven / microwave, fridge with icebox, quality cooking equipment); sitting area, SMART TV (Freesat / Netflix) / DVD player; DVD & book library; Vita DAB radio / CD player / iPod dock, phone, wireless broadband & woodburning stove; dining area with electric heater; concealed washer / dryer. Entry hallway has underfloor heating.
- One double bedroom with King Size double bed, organic linens, inset balcony, built-in wardrobe & picture window overlooking Lake Windermere, DAB radio. Reached by short enclosed staircase from living area (partially mezzanine).
- Bathroom with Japanese style square bath, towel warmer, in-bath shower and window with woodland view.
- Large outdoor timber deck with inset lighting, firepit, furniture & elevated double hammock (seasonal).
- Covered, lit entry porch & timber walkway with external lighting, deer fence around boundary (NB Not dog-secure).
- Secluded, detached garden studio with underfloor heating, desk, daybed, vintage record player & curated vinyl collection, woodland views.
- All bedlinens & towels
- Unlimited wifi broadband
- A generous welcome tray (usually includes something lovely and home-made and/or from our own smallholding)
- Small supply of store cupboard essentials (incl. washing up liquid, laundry detergent, tin foil, bin liners, toilet roll, salt / pepper, milk, butter, olive oil, tea, preserves etc)
- Logs & kindling
- A landline phone
- A first aid kit, fire blanket, torch and power cut supplies box
- The local milkman can deliver milk and other groceries to the house on request
- The house is cleaned using environmentally-friendly products
For more details on the above see our Terms & Conditions.
The Love Shack’s interior is fairly compact, so is suited to couples (single sex couples welcome) and singles. We welcome babies under 12 months (please bring your own travel cot & bedding), but please note that the house has two staircases and the garden is steeply sloped and unenclosed in places – therefore it’s not suitable for toddlers or older infants.
We can also accommodate a well-behaved dog by prior arrangement (though please don’t leave it unattended in the house).
We can provide a lovely (antique!) highchair on request.