- One double bedroom with King Size double bed, organic linens, inset balcony, built-in wardrobe & picture window overlooking Lake Windermere, DAB radio. Reached by short enclosed staircase from living area (partially mezzanine).
- One open-plan south-facing living space accessed by staircase, with French doors onto large elevated deck with low-level lighting. Picture windows on two aspects. Compact modern kitchen (Corian worktops, halogen hob, combi oven / microwave, fridge with icebox, quality cooking equipment); sitting area, flatscreen TV (Sky Movies / Sport & DVDs) / DVD player; DVD & book library; Vita DAB radio / CD player / iPod dock, phone, wireless broadband & woodburning stove; dining area with electric heater; concealed washer / dryer.
- Small bathroom with Japanese style square bath, towel warmer, in-bath shower and window with woodland view.
- Large outdoor timber deck with firepit & furniture & elevated double hammock (seasonal).
- Covered, lit, entry porch & timber walkway with external lighting, deer fence around boundary with gate.
- Secluded, detached garden studio with underfloor heating, desk, sofa, record player & vinyl collection and woodland views.
- All bedlinens & towels
- Unlimited wifi broadband & Sky TV
- Welcome tray (usually includes something home-made and/or from our smallholding)
- Small supply of store cupboard essentials (incl. washing up liquid, toilet roll, salt / pepper, milk, butter, olive oil, tea, preserves etc).
- In winter we supply a good few days’ worth of logs, thereafter guests can find them easily at local shops and garages.
- A landline at the house.
- The local milkman can deliver milk and many other groceries to the house on request.
- The house is cleaned using environmentally-friendly products.
For more details on the above see our Terms & Conditions.
The Love Shack’s interior is fairly compact, so is suited to couples (single sex couples welcome) and singles. We welcome babies under 12 months (please bring your own travel cot & bedding), but please note that the house has two staircases and the garden is steeply sloped and unenclosed in places. We can also accommodate a well-behaved dog by prior arrangement (though please don’t leave it unattended in the house).
We can provide a lovely (antique!) highchair on request.