Terms & conditions
- Bookings are preferably paid for by bank transfer or BACs. Please email for BACs details.
- Short breaks are from Friday to Monday and Monday to Friday, full weeks can commence on Mondays or Fridays.
- We can hold provisional bookings for 5 days.
- We confirm bookings by email when we have received a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the full accommodation charge.
- You’ll need to pay the balance of the accommodation charge at least 6 weeks before the start of your holiday. If you do not pay the balance when it is due we reserve the right to cancel the booking.
- If you are unfortunate to find you need to cancel your holiday after paying the deposit, as a courtesy we will try our best to re-let the break and therefore return your deposit.
- If you book less than 6 weeks before the start of your holiday, we ask for the full accommodation charge at the time of booking.
This is treated as a non-returnable payment.
- We reserve the right to refuse any booking or cancel any bookings already made, subject to refunding any sums you have paid without further liability on our behalf.
- We don’t allow smoking nor the burning of candles in the house, but there is a big deck right outside!
- A well-behaved dog can be accommodated by prior arrangement, but please don’t leave your pet in the house unattended.
- Accidents happen! We just ask that you notify us of any damages or breakages prior to departure so that we can resolve them ASAP.
- Arrival time is after 4pm on the day of your arrival and departure time is 11am. If you can, let us know roughly when you’ll arrive so that we can ensure the house is warm and well-lit.
- If you take advantage of our Eco-deal please let us know when you book that you will not be bringing a car. Your 5% discount will applied when you book.
- As mobile phone coverage can be erratic in the area, we have provided a land line at the Love Shack. Local calls are free but we ask for a discretionary payment at the time of departure from you to cover any national, international or to-mobile calls you make during your stay.
- We are committed to environmental awareness and expect all our guests to use resources responsibly, not wasting electricity or water when this can be avoided. In winter we supply a good few day’s worth of logs, thereafter guests can buy logs easily at local shops and garages.