*These T & C’s were last modified on March 27 2020, in response to ongoing travel restrictions imposed to restrict the spread of Covid19
Terms & Conditions
- Bookings are now paid for online by Paypal (You do not need a Paypal account to do so). Please follow the online prompts via our Bookalet system on our Book page.
- *Your 50% deposit is non-returnable. If you are unfortunate to find you need to cancel your holiday after paying the deposit, as a courtesy we will try our best to re-let the break. If successful (and if your break is more than a few months away, we often are) we will return half of your deposit as a courtesy.
- If you book less than 4 weeks before the start of your holiday, we ask for the full accommodation charge at the time of booking.
- Our booking system will contact you when you need to pay the 50% balance of the accommodation charge – at least 4 weeks before the start of your holiday. If you do not pay the balance when it is due we reserve the right to cancel the booking.
- *If you need to cancel after paying the full cost of your break (i.e. within 4 weeks of its start date), we will refund you 25% of your total payment regardless of whether we are able to re-let the break. If the break is re-booked, we will augment this refund to you, at our discretion.
- We strongly advise guests to take out travel insurance in advance of their holiday.
- We reserve the right to refuse any booking or cancel any bookings already made, subject to refunding any sums you have paid without further liability on our behalf. This procedure does not apply to a refusal or cancellation caused by a force majeur circumstance.
- The house accommodates one couple or a single person only. Babies of under 12 months of age (i.e non-toddlers) at the time of the break are welcome (please notify us if a highchair is needed), but no older children are allowed due to safety and insurance conditions on the property.
- We don’t allow smoking nor the burning of candles in the house, but there is a big deck right outside. Make sure all fires are extinguished by bed-time.
- Up to 2 well-behaved dogs can be accommodated by prior arrangement, for which we make a modest charge at booking. Please don’t leave your pet in the house unattended, allow it on furnishings or upstairs in the bedroom.
- Breakages happen! We just ask that you notify us of any damages or breakages prior to departure so that we can resolve them ASAP.
- Arrival time is after 4pm on the day of your arrival and departure time is 10.30am. If you can, let us know roughly when you’ll arrive so that we can ensure the house is warm and well-lit.
- As mobile phone coverage can be erratic in the area, we have provided a land line at the Love Shack. Local calls are free but we ask for a discretionary cash payment at the time of departure from you to cover any lengthy national, international or to-mobile calls you make during your stay.
- We are committed to taking environmental responsibility seriously and expect our guests to use resources responsibly, not wasting electricity, logs or water when this can be avoided.